As per the latest announcement from Queensland Government, south-east Queensland’s current lock down restrictions will be extended to 4pm Sunday 8th of August 2021. While we recommend all to stay home and stay safe, we are OPEN for essential shopping and healthcare but with added changes as listed below. If visiting the centre, please ensure to wear a mask and check in via the Check In Qld app before entering.
Centre Update (from 10am Monday 2nd of August).
Please note that while essential stores are open for trade, hours may vary and we recommend contacting stores direct to confirm their opening times. Click here for store contacts.
During lockdown, the following changes are in place:
• Retailers can only accommodate one person per 4 square metres.
• Our foodies are here to serve takeaway only.
• Beauty services (hairdressers, barbers, beauty therapy, nails, non-therapeutic massage, piercings, cosmetic injections) are closed.
• The Customer Service desk is closed, however Centre Management will be staffed.
• Bookswap will be closed.
• Justice of the Peace Services have been suspended until further notice.
• Masks are ESSENTIAL when visiting the centre.
Please ensure you are checking in via the Check In Qld app when visiting Brookside. The QR codes are conveniently located at each of our entries.
All visitors and workers should not enter Brookside if in the previous 14 days they have:
• returned to Australia from overseas (other than a safe travel zone country);
• been in close contact with an active COVID-19 case;
• been in a Queensland declared COVID-19 hotspot, place of concern or exposure venue, as defined by the Chief Health Officer; and/or
• had a fever, cough, sore throat, headache, distorted sense of taste, shortness of breath, chills, vomiting or any cold/flu like symptoms in the last 72 hours.
Last Updated: Monday 2nd July
We’re Here for You
Please remember that we all play a part in keeping our community safe, and we expect customers and staff to adhere to public health rules whilst visiting Brookside. This includes:
📝 check in via our QR codes at all entries
😷 Wearing a mask inside the centre and its stores, unless medically exempt;
📏 Maintaining social distancing and keeping 1.5 metres away from those around you;
👏🏻 Washing hands regularly and making use of our complimentary sanitiser stations
❌ Adhering to floor markings/traffic flow and respecting customer limits allowed in each store;
📝 Registering your name and contact details with retailers who require customer registers;
💳 Using credit card or contactless payments instead of cash where possible;
🤧 Covering your face with a flexed elbow or tissue if you sneeze or cough; and
🏡 Staying home if you are unwell or experiencing any cold/flu symptoms.
We ask that you DO NOT ENTER Brookside, if in the previous 14 days you have:
- returned to Australia from overseas (other than a safe travel zone country)
- been in close contact with an active COVID-19 case
- been in a Queensland declared COVID-19 hotspot, place of concern or exposure venue, as defined by the Chief Health Officer
- had a fever, cough, sore throat, headache, distorted sense of taste, shortness of breath, chills, vomiting or any cold or flu like symptoms in the last 72 hours.
We thank you for your ongoing support of our wonderful retailers. ❤️
Thank you again for playing your part and keeping Queenslanders Safe💙😷
For more information, please visit https://www.health.qld.gov.au/